Your Local Councillors
Councillors' Code of Conduct
Ratby Parish Council, as a public authority, believes in promoting the highest standards in public life and therefore has adopted the 'Nolan principles', which are the basis of the ethical standards expected of public office holders:
1. Selflessness. Holders of public office should take decisions solely in terms of the public interest. They should not do so in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family or other friends.
2. Integrity. Holders of public office should not place themselves under any financial or other obligation to outside individuals or organisations that might influence them in the performance of their official duties.
3. Objectivity. In carrying out public business, including making public appointments, awarding contracts, or recommending individuals for rewards and benefits, holders of public office should make choices on merit.
4. Accountability. Holders of public office are accountable for their decisions and actions to the public and must submit themselves to the scrutiny is appropriate to their office.
5. Openness. Holders of public office should be as open as possible about all the decisions and actions that they take. They should give reasons for their decisions and restrict information only when the wider public interest clearly demands.
6. Honesty. Holders of public office have a duty to declare any private interests relating to their public duties and to take steps to resolve any conflicts arising in a way that protects the public interest.
7. Leadership. Holders of public office should promote and support these principles by leadership and example.
The Members' Code of Conduct
In order to underpin these ethical standards and in accordance with the Localism Act 2011, the Council has adopted a Code of Conduct for Parish Councillors (whether elected or co-opted), who are required to abide by the code:
Your other Local Elected Representatives
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Cllr. Chris Boothby
Cllr. Ozzy O'Shea
Leicestershire County Council
Cllr Ozzy O'Shea
Member of Parliament
Rt. Hon. Dr Luke Evans MP
Click on the "I would like to make contact with" if you wish to contact your District or County Councillors, your Member of Parliament or your European Member of Parliament